DESCA is a project by the framework programme community and for the framework programme community. DESCA was launched and is managed by the Core Group, which also provides the experts who produced DESCA and maintain it. DESCA is not funded by the European Commission and is an independent initiative.
Members of the Core Group are:
- ANRT, the French National Association for Research and Technology
- EARTO, the European Association of Research and Technology Organisations
- KoWi, the European Liaison Office of the German Research Organisations
- LERU, the League of European Research Universities
- VTT, the Applied Research Organisation in Finland
- ZENIT, Centre for Innovation and Technology in North Rhine Westphalia
- Fraunhofer, the Applied Research Organisation in Germany
- The Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres
The current DESCA coordinators are:
Kathrin Werner, Frauenhofer: kathrin.werner(at)zv.fraunhofer.de
Annika Thies, Helmholtz: annika.thies(at)helmholtz.de
A principal objective of DESCA is to provide a Model Consortium Agreement which seeks to balance as fairly as possible the interests of all partners in an EU framework programme project. In order to achieve this objective, the DESCA Core Group has worked closely with more than 160 contract experts from many other organisations - representing large and small firms, universities, and research organisations.
Most of the organisations participating in the Consultation Group endorse the DESCA Model Consortium Agreement. Their logos appear here. Many more organisations and groups not mentioned endorse DESCA. If you wish your logo to appear on this website, please contact the DESCA coordinators.